Welcome Spring 2021
We have just experienced a year of restrictions, mandates, concerns, and for some, suffering and grief. This Spring holds new hope with three vaccines now available and more people getting vaccinated every day. While life is not going to return to "normal" anytime soon, there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. If you are getting cabin fever and looking for something to do that is safe, here are some ideas.
- Visit a MetroPark. There are many within a short drive of Westlake including Cleveland MetroParks and Lorain MetroParks. You can hike, or just enjoy the drive through the park. The Nature Centers are not yet open but restrooms are open.
- Enjoy a day at the museum, the Cleveland Museum of Art. Curators have pulled pieces from storage, some that have never been displayed before, and created a special exhibit through May 16, Stories from Storage. You must reserve timed tickets and masks are required. Admission is free for members and senior members get free parking on Tuesdays.
- Something that really evokes Spring is the orchid exhibit at the Botanical Gardens. This year's show is Orchids Forever, now through April 11 and masks are required. You can also take the trail through the outdoor gardens, weather permitting, or stay inside and enjoy the Rain Forest and Madagascar gardens.
- Closer to home, BAYarts is open for classes and exhibits. You must reserve a time to visit the gallery exhibits.
- This time of year is always a good time to visit local garden centers. I think Gale's Garden Center is the only one open at present, but Dean's Greenhouse and Cahoon Nursery will be open soon.
- Westlake Porter Library is open for browsing. You can also call or go online and reserve books then pick up inside or at the drive up window.
I am sure there are other things that can be done safely. So, mask up and get out and enjoy our Spring weather. Stay well.